Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Adventures in Babysitting??

I got assigned to a new activity this afternoon – family support! I’m not sure what families we were supporting or if we even did what we were supposed to…as far as I could tell “Family Support” means “Occupy 25 children for 2 hours!” Within 5 minutes of our arrival, the empty lot outside the clinic was filled with kids from all over the neighborhood looking for distraction. As it turns out, the “mzungus” were it! (Mzungu is what they call us). The language barrier made it difficult to explain the simplest games and have them understand. In addition, the kids ranged in age from 2-15. Needless to say we had our work cut out for us, but somehow we made it through in relatively one piece and the children seemed to have fun. I’m exhausted from being used as a jungle gym and I'm pretty sure Rashida has a new boyfriend....;-)
~Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment