Monday, July 20, 2009

"I Wish I could..."

Throughout the week, Dr. M gets the class together to have "reflection time." With each meeting we get our assignments for the next week and have a quote or question to reflect on and respond to as a group. This week's question was something like "Now that we've been here a week, seen what we've seen, and done what we've done, if I could do one thing, I wish I could..." These are our responses:

-Provide equipment (more equipment and legitament equipment like working thermometers)
-Have answers
-Have a rehabilitation center (moving people from Home Based Care [HBC] into functioning life)
-Get immediate results
-Create organization
-See more consistency
-Have a wider range of appropriate drugs
-Have and/or create efficiency
-Be able to share "how it is over here"
-Have more thorough and correct documentation
-Compile data that would help support getting funding from the government
-Create a liason between: HBC and clinics, Old People's Home (OPH) and clinics
-Do more with environmental health
-Treat people like we do in the U.S.

I'm not sure I got everyone's responses but based off the ones that I do have, I think it's safe to say that we have a really good (and really rare) group of motivated students, health educators and compassionate volunteers.

This trip is going well!

-Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment