Wednesday, July 15, 2009

First time for everything......

I spent this morning doing home base care in one of the Maramba Zones. This was my first time in this area, so I didn't know what to expect. I would have to say that there are some tough cases in this area that leave you feeling like you haven't done enough to help them. Overall, it was a pleasant morning, one women adopted me as her grandaughter....I'll post a picture later of my new grandma......This afternoon was the most exhausting and fun at the same time. Courtney, Laura and I worked with the children this afternoon in family support. We weren't sure where to look for the children, but we didn't have to look at all. The children in the neighborhood saw us and came sworming like killer bees! They gave us a run for money, they are so energetic and curious about the MAZUNGA in their neighborhood. I wanted to run when I saw how many kids kept coming, they were tiring me out......lol....Dealing with the children was a interesting end to the day, especially when one of them called me fat, another hit me on the butt and one little girl kept digging in my pocket and a little boy named junior kept trying to order around to get him some water. As I said it was busy.......


Rashida

No comments:

Post a Comment